A. Who are we?
Calvary Ministries Worldwide aka CAPRO UK (“CAPRO UK”, “CAPRO”, “we”, “us”, and “our”) is the Data Controller for personal data relating to our members, retirees, prospective members, enquirers, volunteers, partners and supporters. This means we decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
B. GDPR – What’s all this about?
Data Protection in the UK is changing, and a new law known as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will be coming into effect from 25 May 2018. The new law gives individuals more rights over how information held about them is stored and used by organisations. All Charities and organisations including Calvary Ministries Worldwide must demonstrate transparency in their practices and prove to individuals that their data is being treated fairly, appropriately and securely.
C. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual and any information which is capable of directly or indirectly identifying that individual.
D. Why do we collect/process your personal Information?
We collect/process personal data for the following purposes: –
a) CAPRO Matters
1. To enable us to provide opportunities for a voluntary service for the benefit of the public as specified in our constitution;
2. To administer membership records;
3. To manage and support our retirees;
4. To manage our employees and volunteers;
5. To organise, process, manage and arrange short or long-term ministry and volunteer placements;
6. To fulfil our duty of care on pastoral and safeguarding issues;
7. To provide counselling services for the benefit of the public;
8. To fundraise and promote the interests of the charity;
9. To manage partner, supporter and donor relations including donor and mailing lists;
10. To process, administer donations and financial transactions including gift aid applications;
11. To maintain our own accounts and records;
12. To contact individual members, staff, volunteers, partners, supporters and donors via surveys to conduct research about their opinions of current services or of potential new services that may be offered by CAPRO UK.
b) CAPRO Events and Notices
13. To notify individuals about CAPRO UK National events and meetings (e.g. Partners Forum, Pastor Forum, Awareness & Mobilisation Meetings, CAST meetings, Trustees Meetings etc.)
c) CAPRO Conferences/ Trainings
14. To notify and manage individual subscriptions to our conferences (e.g. DMC, Strategy Conferences etc.)
15. To notify and manage individual subscriptions to our training programmes (e.g. Engaged Discipleship (ED), DIMEP, Trauma Healing (TH) and The Oasis Course (TOC) etc.)
d) CAPRO Publications
16. To notify and manage individual subscriptions to our periodic national and global publication including newsletters (e.g. CAPRO e-Brief), prayer calendars (e.g. PPC, IPF etc.), magazines (e.g. Occupy) and books etc.
e) CAPRO Multi-media
17. To manage subscriptions to our multi-media services
18. To produce and deliver relevant multi-media services via our web site and associated social media networks including WhatsApp, Facebook, twitter, Instagram, Vimeo etc.
19. To process and manage pictures, audio and video recordings etc. for CAPRO Social Media Networks, Blogs, Websites, Electronic and Digital Media Productions etc.
f) CAPRO International Engagements (FOR CAPRO STAFF ONLY)
20. To process relevant data (pertaining to the role staff members are undertaking) with the relevant departments of CAPRO International Office in Nigeria including: finance, human resources, member care, strategy & research etc.
21. To manage CAPRO international engagements and process assignment of CAPRO staff; CAPRO has offices and teams in 34 countries in Europe, North America, Canada, Africa and Asia.
E. What Personal Information might we Process?
We only collect personal information directly from you in circumstances where you provide personal information to us.
a) Your Personal Information
Personal details collected by CAPRO UK are:
2) First Name
4) Contact Address
5) Personal email address
6) Phone number
7) Date of birth
8) Marital / Civil status
9) Marriage Anniversary
b) Special Category of Information
We DO NOT collect or process any special category of information. (This includes information relating to your race, ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, your health, genetic and biometric data).
F. What is the lawful basis for processing your personal data?
CAPRO will be collecting and processing your personal data based on your freely given valid consent to the specific purposes and the unambiguous information stated on our privacy notice.
G. How do we protect your Information?
We will protect your data with our encryption mechanisms and access controls to ensure confidentiality and integrity of your personal data in accordance with CAPRO UK Security Policy standard.
H. Who do we share your personal data with?
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and only specific and relevant data will be shared as necessary with the following:
3) CAPRO International, Regional and National Offices (For CAPRO Staff Only).
4) CAPRO UK Directory (Members; Staff, Volunteers; Partners; Supporters and Donors)
I. Screening Checks & Regulatory Reporting Obligation
We may undertake DBS and other checks to comply with applicable laws (e.g. childcare, tax laws), including judicial and administrative orders regarding individuals and for regulatory reporting.
Following the combining of the Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) and Independent Safeguarding Authority (ISA) into the new Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), the DBS helps CAPRO UK to make safer child-engagement decisions and prevent unsuitable people from working with vulnerable groups including children.
J. How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for as long as Calvary Ministries Worldwide (CAPROUK) exist or until you withdraw consent (except on valid legal grounds).
K. International Transfer (For CAPRO Staff Only)
The international transfer of personal data of CAPRO staff is to facilitate the international operation of CAPRO as a mission organisation and the explicit consent of all staff will be sought with adequate information of the possible risks of such transfers for the data subject due to the absence of an adequacy decision and appropriate safeguards. The reasons for such transfers include:
- International Finance – for consolidation of global accounts and budgeting.
- Human Resource Administration & Member Care – for staff audit, member care, management of international engagements and staff placement.
- International Research & Strategy – to conduct annual research for compiling CAPRO Reference Information (CRI).
RISK: There could be possible loss of confidentiality and integrity of the data that will be collected when transferred outside the EU due to possibility of inadequate or inappropriate security safeguards.
L. Automated Processing/Profiling and Direct Marketing
Your personal data will not be used, sold or passed on to any other organisations for marketing purposes or automated processing.
M. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption [under the GDPR], you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which CAPRO UK holds about you;
- The right to request that CAPRO UK corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for CAPRO UK to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
- The right to request that CAPRO UK provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability);
- The right to restrict the processing of your personal data;
- The right to object to automated processing;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
N. Change to this Privacy Notice
We may make changes to this Privacy Notice from time to time if new purposes for data use emerge. We will inform you when the Privacy Notice is updated. Current versions will be posted on CAPRO UK website https://capro.global/our-privacy-policy/
O. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints regarding the processing of your personal data please in the first instance you should contact us on 0800 634 9303 or at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: Calvary Ministries Worldwide, P. O. Box 7314 Dudley, West Midlands. DY1 9LB.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection regulator if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us. You can find out more information about your rights by contacting the UK applicable data protection regulator. Contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or https://ico.org.uk or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.