Famous for its football and music, Liverpool is a thriving Northern English city situated on the coast of the Irish Sea. In 2003, Liverpool won the status of the 2008 European city of culture and as a result the city is going through a period of regeneration.
Some facts about Liverpool (source: visitliverpool.com):
- The world’s first School of Tropical Medicine was opened in 1898 and was successful in discovering that Malaria could be passed on by the bite of the Mosquito.
- Liverpool Football Club is the most successful club in the history of British football, having won 18 league championships, 5 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 7 FA Cups and 7 league cups.
- An estimated 600,000 visit Liverpool because of The Beatles each year.
- Liverpool’s Anglican Cathedral is the largest cathedral in Britain and the fifth largest in the world.
- Liverpool is home to the oldest Chinese and African communities in Europe, and the city’s Chinatown boasts the biggest Chinese arch outside mainland China
- More than 60 languages are spoken in the city today.
CAST Liverpool Chapter:
The Liverpool chapter started as an offshoot of the Manchester Chapter early 2009. The chapter is seeking new committed brethren to join the group people.
- Monthly meetings to pray for and support missions:
Venue: On request
Date: 2nd to the last Friday of every month
Time: 8.00pm prompt.
- Neighbourhood evangelism: members are encouraged to develop a vision for their street and community
- Mission awareness (one on one) and Mission Breakfast
Sharing Time @ the Liverpool Chapter